Ella to Kandy most epic Train Journey in Sri Lanka
Train Trip from Ella to Kandy is one of the most interessting journey in th world. It takes approximately 06-07 hours to reach Kandy.
The most attracting set of sceneries of the journey is from Haputale to Hatton. The scenery continuously changes as the train goes through lush greenish, tea estate, farming fields, various types of forests and villages. The train also passes through multiple tunnesl which gives an awesome feeling of adventure.
In order to give a scenic train journey clients are being facilitated to reserve observation deck, luxury air conditioned compartment, 1st class AC compartment or 2nd class non AC reserved seats. there is possibility to purchase tickets directly at the station. travellers in two luxury compartment are being served food and beveraes in order to make the journey more comfortable. Undoubtly the journey in Observation deck is also intresting and comfortable. travelling in 3rd class compartment will give a remarable understanding about different walks of live in Sri Lanka. Being mingled with them and conversing with them will definitly give you a sound knowledge about the journey and the country.
- Two luxury air conditiioned compartments are operated by pirvate sector – need to book in advance [ food and beverage included in the fee ].
- Observation saloon [ non AC ] – need to be book in advance
- 1st class air conditioned – need to book in advance
- 2nd class [ non AC ] – advance booking guarantees a seat
Train Journey Schedule
- Departure from Ella : 06:40 – Arrives in Kandy : 12:58 [1st, 2nd and 3rd class]
- Departure from Ella : 06:55 – Arrives in Kandy : 02:07 [1st, 2nd and 3rd class]
- Departure from Ella : 09:24 – Arrives in Kandy : 16:15 [1st, 2nd and 3rd class]
- Departure from Ella : 10:57 – Arrives in Kandy : 17:41 [1st, 2nd and 3rd class]
- Departure from Ella : 12:35 – Arrives in Kandy : 18:27 [VIP train ViceRoy II 12Go]